View Single Post

JCF Member

superjwren329 is doing well so far

Jan 16, 2007, 03:27 PM
Chapter 2: Dark Allies (D)

The realm of darkness on Earth was not exactly where you'd want to be. Criminals and villains lurk here, willing to take the lives of any foolish enough to enter thier domain. Ones of the Light did not belong here. Both cannot co-exist on this planet...even though humanity is safe, the Dark Realm seeks to destroy this peace...their own portal had began to bring thier allies from the other dimension...the first to step out of the shadows...was Devan Shell.

"Greetings...Devan...Perhaps you'd wish...to hear our...foe has fallen...for the bait...Our plan...is working as far..." The dark figure nodded.

Devan adjusted his glasses, before he paced through the room, examining the portal, amused slightly by the 'primitive' technology and kicked it. He was digusted with being in this world...his army had been left behind...but if a chance had come to eliminate them of thier greatest threat for domination, then it wasn't a total loss. He grinned wickedly at the figure, before the portal glowed again.

Millions of turtles, reptiles and other creatures came pouring out of the portal, confused at thier new surroundings, before they spotted Devan and saluted. What could the Ultimate Gamer do, standing before an army huge as this? Normal wounds wouldn't kill him...but it seemed something was in the figure's mind. He knew what was needed to destroy his foe...

"Master Devan! What are your orders? Do we..."

"Destroy the nearby cities. These pathetic humans should be no match for us. Do not hesitate to kill. You are my army, the best troops that could possibly exist. Nothing alive could stop you. Go! Spill the blood of the foolish inhabitents of this planet! Soon, we will take this planet as our own..." Devan smiled.

The huge army raced out of the building, anything in thier way was trampled by the sheer numbers. As they headed to destroy the cities nearby...

"You...have done well...You...will make...a formidable...ally...Do not...disappoint me...Devan..."

Devan's attention was elsewhere. A small glowing light was in the corner. Inside...a large tube was placed...liquid stirred around inside it, before Devan was taken by surprise. Small blood stains were on the inside, as well as scratches from a weapon. The figure placed a hand on his shoulder, laughing. This time...this time they would be victorious!

Meanwhile...

"Sir! We've been overrun by monsters! They've broken through the defense systems!" a young officer yelled.

"...Our weapons aren't enough to stop them...Captian! We're....oh god! They've killed...Aaaaaaargggghhhhh!!!"

Nothing but gun-shots and screaming could be heard. Buildings were quickly turned to rubble, as soldiers valiantly tried to stand up against the invanders, it was usless. It was only a matter of minutes, that the city was annihlated. Something in the ruins seemed to catch on of Devan's warriors eye. A long silver and red piece of metal seemed to sparkle. A small voice seemed to call out to him...

"...I am...a piece...of my former...self...reunite...me...and you will...be rewarded..." the voice whispered.

Taking the metal, he marched back to thier base. Perhaps something with this thing could be useful...

---

Chapter 3: Two Sides, one body. (L)

Night had fallen on Earth. While Norn and Sugar were attending to things around HQ, Joshua sat in the center of the base...standing there with a glazed look in his eyes. Images of buildings burning...explosions causing rubble to fly everywhere...the screams of people...being silenced as thier death swiftly followed. Blood seemed to flow everywhere, like it was forming a massive sea. People were drowning...

"Ngh....Aughhhhhh!!!" Joshua yelled.

His eyes flashed red, before he fell to the floor, shaking. Something was wrong. He quickly pushed away the pain and focused on the portal. Something seemed to be approaching...whatever it was...he stood near the door, a small laser blaster in his hand. Sure, he wasn't good at fire-arms, but he hoped it wouldn't come to it. The portal began to swirl, the energy exploded in a flash of light, before another figure fell to the floor. She was about the same height as Joshua, only with two demonic wings, a black outfit with a red top and blue sky blue hair.

"Great...I just hope it's...oh...not again...I hope they aren't hurt too badly...I better get them somewhere safe." Joshua sighed.

Gently picking up the new figure, he managed to get to the medical bay, before he found two red eyes watching him. He put the newcomer down and backed away slowly. This wasn't going to end well...

"You go and run off somewhere without me?! You're supposed to protect me, right?! I can't believe you! I don't know why I even bothered to come looking for you! Why do I...no...not again!"

A bright flash of light occured, before Joshua stood there, slightly surprised at the girl's transformation. She now had a halo on her head, as well as two angelic wings.

"I...I'm so sorry! She didn't mean to yell at you! She was worried about you when you vanished. I was worried too. But I'm glad your..." the voice smiled, before she vanished, the first girl re-appearing.

"She's lying again! I didn't even want to come to find you! You've always put me through the worst..." she started.

Joshua sighed deeply, before looking up.

"...I'm sorry...Okay? I'm sorry I had to leave without you, Dinah. I had to go...so none of you would get in danger. You seemed to haven't changed a bit. You're still the arrogant girl who I always argued with!" Joshua explained.

Dinah looked surprised, before she got angry again and grabbed Joshua's wrist.

"Oh, yeah?! And you're the pain in the neck master I wish I never had! Why can't you just die, so I can go back to my own life?! I hate you! I really...NO! GO AWAY!"

Another tranformation.

"...Ugh...She's really mad at me, huh? I guess I can't blame her. She always wanted to go back living her old life. Are you angry with me too? I know I made you worry...and...I'm sorry that I left you behind...even though you're nicer, I still like you both." Joshua sighed.

"Master Joshua...She's just not happy with me being here. Since you left...I've always been nagging her to help find you. I missed you so much..." Angel Dinah smiled.

"Dinah...I...I..."

Before Joshua had a chance to say something else, the Devil Dinah came back, going red, before looking at Joshua angrily.

"You're such a pain! I can't believe you like him after all this time!" Devil Dinah yelled.

>...You shouldn't be so mean...He cares for both of us. Ask him yourself.< Angel Dinah replied.

"No! I'm leaving! I'm going to get some Mana, then go home!"

Joshua watched her storm out of the room, before he started laugh silently to himself. It was good to see Dinah again. Even though he had two Guardian Beasts, each was restriced to thier own world, unable to enter thier counter-parts. Both Sugar and Angel Dinah could be seen having a small disagreement over Joshua, but he'd learnt to run quickly when he tried to get them to calm down.

Later....

"Earth looks so cool with all the lights on at night, meow! It's so pretty!" Norn grinned.

The main city stood tall and radiant, the dazzling display of color flickered into the night, while it was reflected in the tranquil ocean below. It had been three days since Joshua had arrived on Earth, things seemed normal...but something seemed wrong. The dark prescene on the planet was getting stronger...a sudden surge occured last night. He sat alone on the sand of the beach, watching the waves and thinking.

"I don't understand...It feels like everything is going all over the place. Nothing is making sense, and it's giving me a headache. Maybe I should go back to bed...It's getting late..." Joshua sighed, slowly getting to his feet.

"Great, I try to find somewhere to rest, and there he is, just sitting there! You have to be so annoying, don't you?!" Devil Dinah groaned.

Joshua got up, preparing to leave.

"Are you sure you'll be okay? I don't want you getting attacked. Some monsters could be nearby, you know. I'll stay here. After all, I promised to protect you, right?" Joshua laughed.

"Augh! Why do you have to be so persistant?! I don't need you to look after me! I'm quite capable of that! You're probably no stronger than when you left. You were always a lousy person to guard me! You always had to find those darn swords...never thinking of what I wanted to do! You...You....ARGH!" Devil Dinah yelled.

"...I'm so sorry, Master Joshua! I know she's still mad...but...I still believe you had your reasons..."

"Dinah...You don't need to call me Master. We're equals. I would have never gotten far without both of your help..." Joshua smiled.

Joshua began to look back out at the ocean. It was peaceful...but something seemed wrong....why did he have those visions...? Was a sign of what was to come? Or what had already happened. Looking back at Dinah, he was looking at her, she seemed to be going red.

"You really mean it? Ummm...What about...showing me your gratitude...?"Angel Dinah stammered

"Hm? I don't get it...Wait...you mean...uh...I mean...what about the other side of you? Won't she try to..." Joshua started.

Dinah looked at Joshua, smiling.

"...Nope. She doesn't even want to come back for a while. She is still angry...but...not as much as before...so...please? Pretty please?" Angel Dinah asked sweetly.

"All right...I owe you more than that. You've saved my life quite a few times too, you know! Tell the other Dinah that when she comes back."

"...You're too kind..."