View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jan 20, 2005, 04:30 PM
Hello, and welcome to the forums.

As for recreating the style, I think you should pay a lot of attention to how the camera angle works. In 2D games the "camera angle" is fairly simple; it's a cross section view of the world. The camera angles in 3D games tend to be a bit more annoying - they either always stick right behind the character or swivel around chaotically. My suggestion (not that I'm all that good at ideas such as this) is to try to create something that keeps viewing the player from one angle (platformer-ish) but can turn if the player changes direction. Also, make sure the camera is far away enough to show what is going on around the player, but close enough that you can tell what the character is doing.

I've done a bit of modelling, but I'm no good at 3D Max. There are some others here who are, though. They will no doubt respond bragging about their superiority.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.