View Single Post

JCF Member

Baggers is doing well so far

Jan 25, 2005, 02:09 PM
UPDATE AND NEW VIDEO

Hey people, just a wee update to tell you what ive been upto what ive been up to (This is pretty much copied from the Programming forums so if i do get a bit techy i appolagise !):

* Firstly ive been experimenting with the camera, and for now im only smooting the y-rotation as having the camera follow the y movement smoothly can result in the character going off the screen or it just being plain hard to judge jumps.

* Ive been working on an 'Animated Scenery' routine, which now works perfectly, this means i can easily set up animation for objects that are part of the level, such as moving platforms and such. In the Video both the rotating plant/lift thing and the moving platform are running on this routine, the later using the waypoint function.

* The last big change isnt shown in the video but is a 'Trail System', this records where an object has been and its rotation for the last x-period of time, the values are automatically updated and easily retrived and i will be using it for effects such as the one shown bellow.

And now the Video !
http://www.unseenconcept.net/JazzJac...3d-Video02.avi

Ok people, please continue the comments they do really help, and anyone wishing to help in the form of models or textures please post here or mail me.

Any ideas on what i should concentrat on next? what would you like to see in this game? do you have any opinions on how 3D platformers of any kind should behave?....Post your views here !

Thanks again people
Chris

p.s. The video is a little slower than the actual game due to the slow down due to fraps.

Last edited by Baggers; Jan 30, 2005 at 09:29 AM.