View Single Post

JCF Member

[GpW]Urbs is an asset to this forum

Nov 8, 2010, 04:36 AM
Ya, young players get bored quickly I suppose.

Overall, I'm happy we're back.
I don't like the fact we've already started arguing, but such is the reality of things.
I hope we get to become more than just a ladder clan, but instead, somewhat like the GpW of old and the CC of today, a group of friends as well as team mates - whereby I for one will not be organising any live events anytime soon
I also hope we can be a part of the jj2 community again, which is why I restarted the clan in the first place. I realised, at my tender age of 23, that JJ2 was an important part of my life.
I still remember with fondness the insane amount of 2v2's and 3v3's we played during that time when GpW unfortuanetly wasn't active anymore, but when the active players, no matter the clan or the faction, would play teamgames together and it was during that time that the great Vegito, Gry and Superjazz of today were born.

I love how the ladder is full of clans and how jj2 is still teeming with life after all that time. I would, however, love to see more activity from the old giants and more quality from the newcomers, because a close competition is always the most fun.
Sure, when you are competing, you don't feel that way - ideally one would wish to hold a monopoly over the best players and just "own" the scene, as it were.
But when we will be looking back at our lives, I believe it will be the competition between us and the cooperation between us (within the clan and also, more generally, a community-wide cooperation) is what we will remember the most.

I get how GpW's return, up till now quite successful, has sparked different reactions, and I am here to tell you, that we will do all we can, to mitigate all the negative impacts of our arrival (some clans have regrettably lost a good deal of members because of us, which was something I should have known would happen, but which I never planned) and try to give the community the best we have to offer. Admittedly, some fine points need sharpening, some raw diamonds need cutting, but we will, hopefully, get there.

Team play, a communal feeling without impossing any rigid restrictions (obligatory trainings etc), a live and let live clan with competitive aspirations - this is our ideal. A clan of diverse membership with diverse tallents, aspirations, histories, nationalities and goals.

On these last points I fear we have yet to deliver, as me and rep have been more active on the ladder than anywhere else (well that goes for me especially, rep was busy rebuilding the webpage), yet our preoccupation with competition is understandable, as clans are primarily groups of people who wish to compete with one another.

Anyway wish us GL HF!

Gamer Pryde Worldwide