Thread: OpenJazz
View Single Post
Tecman

JCF Member

Tecman is doing well so far

Aug 24, 2013, 04:13 PM
Hey there. This project is amazing, I'm really happy I've found about its existence, even if there's a bunch of stuff that still needs to be done.

Two things I've noticed so far that I'd love to be "fixed":

- whenever I quit the game and then start it again (and if the openjazz.cfg file already exists), the controller I've been using starts to behave strangely - hitting up sometimes acts as escape, right as pause... as if it's not saving the configuration correctly. If I delete the .cfg and start the game it sets everything up properly by default again, until I quit and have to delete the .cfg before running the game again.

- the scaling is a nifty and useful feature, but could the post-processing algorithm (is it Scale2x? Seems familiar from some emulators) be made optional?

There's also a bunch of little things like not being able to push down on magnets to make Jazz lower himself or firing while caught on magnets, the tubelectric tube sound effect not firing while you're in one, the Launcher projectiles not bouncing quite correctly and not firing the bounce sound effects, some SFX pitch tweaking (in my case a lot of them are too low) but I'm sure those are just things you haven't gotten to yet.

Also, in case someone wanted to contribute code (specifically, behaviour stuff like making things behave more closely to the original game), how would be the best way to send any changes to the current source?

Thanks for your hard work!