View Single Post
SzymekRak

JCF Member

SzymekRak is doing well so far

Jul 14, 2017, 07:19 AM
I've just rediscovered this forum and it is very nice to see it alive. When I looked at my old posts though, I felt a mix of amusement and shame(actually I hoped they were deleted long ago).

Naturally when I saw this remake, I wanted to try it out, especially that it allegedly runs on GNU/Linux. Sadly, it doesn't work for me. At first I tried to build it from Git source, but I failed. I am not sure whether it was my total lack of Mono skills or broken files. There were complains about the Android version, but I wanted a PC one. It even built at some point, but didn't start.
So I tried the release package. The Import application did its job, but the game still doesn't really work. It seems that the problem lies in case-sensitive filenames in Linux. For example, I got errors like this:
Cannot prerender textured background: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "/home/username/Jazz2/Content/Tilesets/Easter99/tiles.png".

because the directory is actually named "easter99" with small "E".
So, the question is: is it possible to make one convention of naming files and directories within the project? I have never written anything in C# but I would be happy to help with testing.