View Single Post

JCF Member

White Rabbit is doing well so far

Jul 1, 2006, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder
wow that looks good,when will it be out?
It's already out.

Biohazard: Some parts of your tilesets are of lower quality than what they resembled, such as the frozen dopefish and baddies, the HH98-style ground and the HH94 (or 95..?) trees. I don't like the grass very much either, since it's more dotty than patchy and they look like spikes.

The big picture still looks stunning. The mountains, sky and clouds are amazing, and it doesn't really matter that textured backgrounds are harder to use. I really like the in-built animated snow (finally you can have proper snow in multiplayer!).

While there aren't many natural objects, every single one is..um, adorable. I loved the stompable ice surfaces, revealing water underneath...looks cold. The blue, snowy Carrotus pole tree is also a nice touch. Good job getting the white colour right. Talking about colour, the snow is a bit untextured, but that 3x1 'curl' of snow looks kinda delicious. Ooh, and I still enjoyed the deep-frozen characters. They reminded me of the ice cave scene in Ice Age. You could add more interesting stuff into the ice (I actually thought that castle was also in the ice block from your screenshot..), not just dopefish.

I have to stop writing now or I might as well turn it into a review (was I using a constant tense throughout? ). A final thing...with a few tile adjustments and additions, this cold very well be turned into Blackraptor's Lair.

R3p: Your picture's down.

Last edited by White Rabbit; Jul 1, 2006 at 11:56 AM.