View Single Post

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Aug 16, 2015, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primpy View Post
So sorry, I didn't mean to offend you! You shouldn't have even cared. It's just my terrible opinion, I'm not even close to an artist, my opinion is bad and insignificant.

I might be 100% wrong but here you go, this is what I don't like:

In the sketch Lori has a tough look. In the final (kinda) picture it's more of a cute-attractive look. Also, is it just me or this should go below her left eye, a little bit to the right (her left)? Overall it looks good though

I'm not sure what's wrong with Spaz. Maybe the eyes are a little too big or it has too much fur or... Sorry, I have no idea what's wrong here so I shouldn't complain. Maybe you should take a better and look at the Jazz 2 logo or whatever is it called.

Jazz is almost perfect. Maybe the outlines should be darker and a little thicker? I can't complain about it.

Once again, so sorry if you got offended. I didn't mean you're a bad artist or anything like that, it was just me being a little disappointed. I am not sure what I expected it to turn out but don't worry, it's a great WIP piece of art and you should finish it someday
I'm not offended, it's just that criticising is no use if it's not constructive. People don't have to be great artists to critique my work - after all, it doesn't take a chef to taste bad food.

About the Lori cheek fur, I used this as a reference. If anything, the side you apparently don't have an issue with, actually bothers me. It looks much better pulled up. Changing her expression was somewhat accidental, but since I got the anti alias so perfect, I didn't really want to change it. But now that I'm not limited to a tight deadline, I may tweak it.

I'll make Spazzes eyes slightly smaller. However, I think his fur is fine. But I might change the teeth.

With the thin outlines on Jazz, sometimes it's because the shade beside it is very dark. The light outlines will appear darker on the outside once I anti-alias those parts. Nick's pixelart has thick outlines because well..he goes for some pillow shaded style. I wanted to go with a more solid light source, which results in thinner lines. I didn't want to spend time adding colours to the pallette, because you don't notice the lines beside the dark colours very much.

I'll post the changes later. Like uuh, next week maybe.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ