View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Feb 25, 2013, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JETT View Post
Ability to stand on walls, aka sideways gravity or sticky feet
Complexity far outweighs utility, sorry. Reverse gravity is essentially finding a lot of values to change the signs of; sideways gravity takes a lot more thought and I don't see anyone ever using it.
Quote:
Mute all, meaning both sound and music with one click
I really don't think two separate menu options (assuming that's what you're talking about) is an insurmountable hurdle to user enjoyment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minmay View Post
Could users be given access to at least some BASS functions? Not sure which ones are too big a security risk, but I'm particularly interested in BASS_ChannelSetPosition, BASS_ChannelSetAttribute, and BASS_SetConfig (only to set buffer length).
Only replying to this because I'm posting anyway; I know absolutely nothing about BASS, but cooba and Torkell seem to know more, so hopefully we'll have some internal discussion of this.
Quote:
Or, for an example that almost anyone can do, playing ambient noise depending on the player's location in a level - splashing waves that get louder as they get closer to the water, sparking noises near those electric...things in Tubelectric, etc. The Ambient Sound event can only handle so much.
The jjSample AngelScript function has parameters for position and volume, so I think that one's already covered, yes?
Quote:
(you're sure you still want to allow feature requests in this thread? =P)
Of course! Keeping in mind we're not guaranteed not to ignore certain requests.