View Single Post

JCF Member

PurpleJazz is OFF DA CHARTPurpleJazz is OFF DA CHARTPurpleJazz is OFF DA CHART

Jan 4, 2009, 12:58 AM
Ok, since you guys are so desperate...

1. A Generic Christmas CTF

This level captures the christmas spirit very well. It feels jolly and gives you that nice warm feeling during the holiday season, and makes a few innovative tileset uses, some are a bit weird but the majority of the level is well decorated. The layout and gameplay are decent enough too. While this level is nothing too great, it does what I set out you to do and so it is the winner, gj Spazzer.

2. Aurora Citadel

While this is the best entry gameplay wise, it doesn't feel quite as merry as GenXmas CTF. I dislike the dark feeling in this level, something I wouldn't think of as christmassy. The eyecandy also feels a little "spammed" and some uses are a bit too abstract for my tastes, however I liked how you extended the houses. It still gets 2nd place for having the best gameplay as mentioned beforehand. I can see this level being a decent choice for 2vs2 TBs.

3. Deck the Halls

It's such a shame this level has some serious flaws, had this had worked out it would have easily got 1st place no questions asked. I love the tileset here; a genius and funny idea of "decorating" caste to represent "Deck the halls". While the concept of 4 bases might sound like a cool idea, in reality it just glitches up the way CTF works. Also, I dislike how open the layout is, but at least there is no Seeker PU. All in all, this could have been great, if the gameplay would actually work out, but for the "cool" factor and the clever christmas theme it gets 3rd place.