Thread: OpenJazz
View Single Post
Ice M A N

JCF Member

Ice M A N is doing well so far

Dec 5, 2005, 08:00 AM
Oh yes.. a property of bitmaps is that the height can be stored either positive or negative and the bitmap builds from the bottom up, or top down.. I guess I assumed one or the other and whatever program you're useing saves the other way (there may be an option).. (Note: I probably assumed the top down way, but have you ever noticed when people link to a bitmap on a webpage when it loads you see the bottom first and it works upwards...? that's the conflict..)

or were you useing the bitmaps that I had on my site and it's upside down? because that would be weird.

It's easy enough to fix.. I'll get it by tonight at least...

As for custom backgrounds: looking at the old code: I just read in the palette, the actual image is for your own preview, so redrawing it with the same palette but different locations in the picture makes no difference. The palette has to be changed. Plus that last "color" is something I haven't played around with.

(Also, Unknown, if you could email me that so I can test it out on +/- height values on Mac/Windows , that'd be great .. mspear (at) gmail (dot) com ) Try out the new version (same location) http://www.princeton.edu/~mspear/jj/...r/bmp2blox.exe .. haven't tested it much though

Last edited by Ice M A N; Dec 5, 2005 at 10:39 AM.