View Single Post

JCF Member

Xobim is doing well so far

Feb 24, 2008, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valco View Post
The music: This has nothing to do with the continuation of the storyline, and I like it. This cutscene might have bad music, but I woud've changed a couple of things in Olsen's level if I were allowed. (Not the eyecandy) This is still MY cutscene, I get some freedom out of that.
Stop acting childish. If you want to deliver a quality cutscene, you have to add the right music. Access.xm doesn't fit the mood of someone in panic with a ship dropping from the sky...

Quote:
EvilMike style: First of all, I'm against naming the layer 1 as zero type cutscene with EvilMike's name, but whatever. If I make a cutscene like this, it will look nothing like what it does now. If you really want me to do it however, I can try my best. There can still be a gameplay interruption at the end.
You haven't read my PM well enough. Only the crashing part is supposed to look like that, and that doesn't mean you have to copy his concept and execution of it. I used his level as an example.
Sure you can omit that idea, I don't mind it. In the PM I said I would be very pleased if you were able to insert it.

Quote:
I think that's all I have to pick on at the moment, everything else is going fine. And that wasting time thing was actually a hoax so I could fix the crash scene...

The cutscene will be done in a week hopefully, and I'll send you two versions, one without spaceship scrolling (EvilMike style), the other with more details.

So Xobim, how's your level getting along?
I never asked you to create a level in half an hour. You don't have to make up weird stories like "You like wasting my time? Then I'll waste yours by sending you that level a week later." just to make some more time free to work on it. In fact, I stated multiple times that you can take your time. I'm not waiting for you. The community is waiting for me, actually...

And my level is coming along nicely. I can send the part that's done by tonight, but only if Sacrush replies...