View Single Post

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Aug 5, 2019, 01:50 PM
Exclamation The Silver Jubilee: JJ1 CTF Contest

Yup, cooba is running another contest. (I'll resolve the weapon one in the next few days, I promise)

Why?

1. The "event-sized CTF level" has been something of a dying art in the recent years, which is a little sad. We (as in PJ, Rag and I) have come to this realisation after yesterday's event wherein the existing pool of large CTFs suited for 16 people is very nearly exhausted.

2. Jazz is 25, and that's not an anniversary to take lightly at all. There should be at least some degree of pomp and splendor about it!

That's why I'm holding...

The Silver Jubilee Contest!
Create a CTF level capable of supporting 16 or more players using a JJ1 conversion tileset.

Rules:

Must be uploaded to J2O before September 1st, UTC-12:00.
  • That's four weeks to make a CTF level - depends on your view, it may be too long or too short. But I think this should be easier than creating levels for a specific audience, since you have more creative freedom and the gameplay is not as closely scrutinized.

Must be at least 160 tiles in wide and 70 tiles tall
  • I was hoping to avoid a requirement like this, but I just know there will be some joker who will make an one screen level with a super complicated script that somehow makes the map "playable for 16 players".
  • Symmetry is not required.

Must be using a converted JJ1 tileset
  • The level of advancement (i.e. is it a 1:1 conversion? Or is it more of a liberal interpretation?) of your chosen tileset can vary, as long as the original graphics are still recognisable.
  • JJ1 conversions created specifically for an entry for this contest are also welcome, and may be highly rewarded during judging.

Combining multiple tilesets in JJ2+ is permitted
  • This also allows non-JJ1 tilesets, but within reason.
  • Using a handful of other artwork to create an impressive parallax background is within the rules.
  • Making a Desolation level with a single 'kill this rabbit' poster is not.

Scripted gameplay modifications are permitted
  • Again, within reason. Focus on making a great CTF level first and on gimmicks later.
  • This includes any custom weapons.

Your entry will be judged by the JDC administrators
  • This means PurpleJazz, Ragnarok, and I.
  • Any entries made by aforementioned three will not be eligible to win.

Only one entry per contestant is permitted
  • Don't spread yourself thin.

The winner will receive a Steam code for Dicey Dungeons
  • It's a great game. I've been playing the alpha for almost 18 months now!
  • There may be more than one winner.

Go!