View Single Post

JCF Member

Blackraptor is an asset to this forumBlackraptor is an asset to this forum

Dec 29, 2014, 09:11 PM
heh, thanks guys :)

I don't wanna compare these to SWAG since it's in a league of its own and Violet's j1 expertise far exceeds mine, but yes they were inspired by SWAG, particularly the latter maps and ones using his (slightly modified, sorry!) sets, also by NS's Mission Spaz: Foreseeable Future. Hopefully all the 'one day' levels would encourage others to give J1E a try, since yeah they really were made in a day, once you get the hang of it its pretty easy to make maps.

Also tons of new wacky enemies. Enough that I ran into memory allocation errors in virtually every map, and sometimes had to resort to splitting maps into multiple levels so I could use them all :p

If anyone would wanna try their hand at making a level or a collab or just wants some technical advice i'm down to give whatever help i can offer, tho i still have a lot to learn myself lol. A good start would be to check out others' levels or the official ones, though the Epic level designers seldom bothered to name their events

Just saying, but this doesn't mean i've lost interest or given up on making stuff for jj2, just going wherever the inspiration and motivation takes me :)