View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Oct 23, 2013, 01:14 AM
  • JaRU: So if I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that this has happened to you in the past, and you're asking if it's fixed now? If that's right, then yes, it has indeed been fixed. Hooray!
  • I'm seeing some very incomplete or unclear reports and it's making it harder to figure out what's going on. If you're having the crashing issue, please specify:
    • Do you crash when starting a level in local SP?
    • Do you crash when starting a level in local MP?
    • Do you crash when starting a level in non-local (LAN/Online) MP?
    • Does it make a difference whether you're hosting or joining, in that third case?
    • Does it make a difference whether you're playing splitscreen or not?
    • Does it make a difference whether you start the level from the main menu or from a command line/drag and drop/external launcher program/GIP script/etc.?
    • If under one or more of the above circumstances, you do not crash, how does that affect the circumstances under which you otherwise do crash?
    • If you're willing to check, what are your registry settings? Should be HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->Epic MegaGames->Jazz Jackrabbit 2. List as much info as you can find from the version/s that are you giving you trouble.
    • Does deleting or renaming jazz2.cfg have any effect?
    • (People are generally including this, but to be safe...) Are your reported results for 1.23, TSF, or both?
  • On a happy note, I was browsing through some code and discovered that most of the jjCANVAS::drawString string modes have variable alignments! Besides STRING::RIGHTALIGN, whose purpose just got a lot less clear, they're all left-aligned by default. But if you add 0x10000 (65536), they'll be right-aligned! So 0x10000 + 50 will put the right end of the string 50 pixels from the right end of the screen. Even better, if they're in the range of 0x4000 to 0xFFFF, they'll be center-aligned relative to 0x8000! Very cool. Expect to see that info get added to plus-angelscript.html, uh, sometime, but for now it's your special bonus for viewing this thread

Last edited by Violet CLM; Oct 23, 2013 at 01:28 AM.