View Single Post

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Aug 24, 2005, 09:38 PM
In standard multiplayer, all of the jj2 weapons that you listed have merits, even if some of them are pretty limited. I consider no weapons in this poll to be useless. I still voted for ice, however, since I consider it to be the least useful out of all weapons.

The blaster is a terrible weapon with no powerups, but powered up and with fastfires it is effective enough to use over other weapons, due to the unlimited ammuniton.

Bouncers are great for attacking people below you, deterring chasers, and hitting people through walls.

Ice is generally only good for freezing springs, in the few levels where you can actually do something important by doing that. I'm talking about "normal" levels here, not levels where the goal is to push people off the platform or whatever.

Seekers are extremely powerful, and not terribly imbalanced if placed right in levels.

RF missles are an ok chasing weapon unpowered, and the best chasing weapon in the game powered up. Their range isn't as good as some people think, but their high speed makes up for it. Generally though, if the person you are chasing is off your screen, your missles won't reach them. The ability to RF jump is also quite handy, and the explosions of this weapon can damage people through walls.

Toasters are a great weapon, largely due to the fact that the flames stay in the air for so long. It's a good "suppression" weapon in that it can make it hard for an enemy to go near you without getting hurt. The high ammo capacity helps a lot.

TNT is not extremely useful, but it can be helpful in cases where you are being chased. Drop a bunch of TNT behind you and it's harder for the enemy to hit you. It also can kill people in CTF, but in practice this is not easy.

Pepper spray is a very good chasing weapon, since it moves extremely fast and has a much better range than rf missles. Unlike RF missles, you do not need to be close to your opponent to hit them. You'll have to jump a bit though, since pepper spray travels in a straight line. Still, this weapon is extremely useful, and quite underrated. I rank it above unpowered RF missles in terms of usefulness when chasing. Unfortunately, this weapon can only deal 1 damage.

Electro blaster is useful for shooting through walls, obviously. Otherwise it's not great, but in some cases it can be very useful. There are a lot of levels where players can entrench themselves and become hard to attack, but remain very vulnrable to this weapon. It also has a better range (at running speed) than the blaster, but travels slower.

Now I will talk about the shield weapons. I will talk about how useful the weapons are, and ignore the fact that you also get a protective shield.

Water shield bubbles are the best weapon in the game. They are insanely easy to hit people with, almost impossible to dodge, travel through walls, bounce everywhere, and deal 2 damage.

Plasma shield shots are ok, because they can deal two damage. Good if you don't have a powered up blaster, but otherwise not that great since this weapon travels slower.

Fire shield fireballs are almost completely useless. They replace your blaster, deal only one damage, travel slower, and don't work under water. What a ripoff. There's nothing useful about this gun at all other than the fact that it still deals damage.

The laser shield is a completely useless weapon in multiplayer because it crashes servers, and thus doesn't work.

Therefore the one true useless weapon is the laser.