View Single Post

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Jan 29, 2018, 03:48 PM
Heights, yes, but not distances. Increasing Lori's jump height would definitely allow her to reach places no character could currently reach. That is not my point, however. More importantly to me, multiplayer levels are designed with specific jump height in mind in order to make movement smoother. Increased jump height is likely to cause players to bump into walls and ceilings, ultimately causing an even greater disadvantage.

I believe that it should be one of our goals to encourage good level design. I think that by implementing a feature that makes poorly designed levels more playable while breaking ones that properly take JJ2 mechanics into account, we would betray the trust of our users. As such, this will not become an opt-out game mechanic. As an opt-in mechanic, much like I said, it is already available via scripting, although not particularly accessible. We intend to allow running mutators in single player in the future, possibly incorporating it into the menus, in order to make this option more user-friendly.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.