View Single Post

JCF Member

happygreenfrog has disabled reputation

Aug 13, 2018, 09:52 PM
Bun and Gun: Gameboy-style demake of Jazz Jackrabbit 1

So there's a demake GameJam going on over on itch.io, and I'm making a game for it based on Jazz Jackrabbit 1 called Bun and Gun.

Here's a GIF showing off the engine, which includes automatic horizontal panning, manual vertical panning, variable jump height based on player speed, and, of course, the ability to shoot your gun:

Here's a turtle sprite:

Here's a WIP tileset:

And here's a GIF of the level builder (I forgot to capture the mouse cursor):

For what it's worth, if anybody's interested in making sprites or tiles for this, feel free to PM me about it (or preferably DM me over on Discord), I'd certainly prefer to not have to release this after the Jam rather than during it, and having somebody to do more tiles/sprites for me would certainly speed things up a bit.

Anyways, hopefully I can manage to finish this in time for the GameJam. If not, I currently do intend to finish it up regardless, though that plan could change if the amount of time it takes starts getting preposterous.