View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Mar 7, 2014, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by incandescentembers View Post
So the enemies (& bosses) graphics are included in the planet's tileset (if so, how come all the JJ1 tilesets don't have that?)? Or where are they stored?
Intuitively enough, they're stored in the SPRITES.### files.
Quote:
Is this image:
[snop]
covering every single graphic (for every single movement) of all the enemies in Jazz 1?
(not including bosses, since I couldn't find them)
The vast majority, anyway. It doesn't include the generator things from Battleships, off the top of my head, presumably because Dolphman decided they didn't count as enemies. And JJ1 has no code for horizontally flipping sprites, so most enemies have separate frames for facing in either direction, and that image doesn't include that. And it's only so useful, because once you've compiled all those sprites from all those different tilesets into a single image, there's no way for them to retain their palette information.
Quote:
By completely new I mean not only movements / behavior but also graphics.
We're not there yet at a code level.
Quote:
Maybe the question will be silly, but how come no one (pointing at you in first place, since you are the JJ1 convertion master, and I assume that also a huge fan of JJ1) ever tried to bring the JJ1 enemies into JJ2? Don't you think that all the convertions would be much more real and interesting when some world's tiles would be completed with it's enemies?
Nope. It's only in the last few months that such things could be remotely helpful to include in tilesets, so there was no reason in the time before that to fill up the tile count with useless animations. Even now it wouldn't be an ideal solution, but that's getting even more off-topic than the rest of this.

KRSplat, I'm just ignoring you now.