View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Mar 12, 2014, 03:04 PM
please don't quote this entire post and all its tall images

Some years back, someone wanted to make their own level with what was then known as "Hillgrius," and I asked that they wait until the full thing was released since changes might occur in the meantime. Since then, the grass and trees got redrawn, the background mountains got replaced, and a few other such changes did in fact occur. But there's no such event to wait for now; had this been a JJ2 episode, the tilesets would be easy-to-reuse .j2t files; and since the graphics are nearly all edited from JJ1 stuff anyway, it's not like there's any copyright stuff to think about. So here are all twelve tilesets that I made for SWAG, and you can use them or edit them in any way and for any game you like so long as you acknowledge where you got them in the first place. Click the checkboxes to view the tilesets from the hidden zones, which I've left invisible by default in case you're still trying to find some of them.

(The same openness of permission applies to the sprites, btw, but if you're knowledgeable enough to be able to use them for something, you're knowledgeable enough to figure out how to extract them on your own. Likewise if you want to make your own JJ1 levels in J1E/J1LES using the SWAG tilesets and sprites and defined events, that's cool too. Just make your own layouts.)