Thread: Did you know?
View Single Post

JCF Member

White Rabbit is doing well so far

Dec 9, 2004, 02:11 PM
Did you know?

First, I've spotted an error:

You can use up to 15 text strings in JCS [Electric]

There are 16 text strings, one of them is 0.

I also have a few suggestions myself. Some, I think, are new while others everyone already know but nobody has mentioned it (there are lots of well-known 'Did you know?' tips so I thought a couple more wouldn't hurt). Use my text or write it yourself, admins:

1. You can go through walls and suckertubes if you are pulled up into the air by the cheshire cat.

2. If you exit a warp and immediately go into a suckertube with a delay of x seconds then the suckertube will make you stuck and never release you! You can shoot, but that's it.

3. If you enter a suckertube that goes too fast (about >35) then you are not affected by slower suckertubes (about <35) until you slow down. *Explanation: If you go into a suckertube of X-speed 60 leading to a suckertube of Y-speed of 30 you will hit the ground before you enter the Y-speed suckertube because you were going too fast.*

4. In singleplayer, you can create bullet-time effects by using transparent tiles as layer 8 background.

5. When making chatrooms, either make them underwater, give the players an airboard or force them into suckertubes (buttstomp to exit) to prevent players using their special moves on each other. Also make sure to put the warp in a safe place because No Fire Zones do not cover warps.

That's all. I hope they get accepted and I definitely hope they haven't been mentioned before.