View Single Post
n00b

JCF Veteran

n00b is an asset to this forumn00b is an asset to this forum

Sep 20, 2010, 01:08 PM
Ridiculous Improv Mapping Contest

Inspired by a thread PlunK did last year.

Im going to set the deadline to October 1st 12:00 PM EST, but that may be overkill considering what the rules are and could change. Stay on top of your game by taking heed of any posts that are all like "Hey guys changed the deadline in the OP, you should probably check it out"

BUT WHAT IS THE CONTEST?
Create the most interesting, fun, and varied single player level you can.
In one screen.

640x480 dimensions is your limit. Jazz (i.e. the Player) cannot leave the confines of this playing field size.

You are allowed to set a specific res it has to be played at as well, if you're into that sort of thing (like 320x200).

I will grade all of the entries on a completely randomized set of standards that I'll probably decide on a whim the day submissions end, so don't worry about your skill level since it may have no affect on what Im looking for!

Finally you can pester me to explain more of my purposely vague contest rules, and I'll maybe be less vague. The spirit of the contest is to have fun and be goofy, so don't over think things and be expressive.

Wanna do a short series of tests? Go ahead! Wanna be artsy and make a level that focuses entirely on eyecandy and atomsphere? Go ahead! Your imagination is the only limit! Well, 640x480 is the limit, but thats not very inspirational. Single Player too! Thats also a limit! Don't forget it! Although you could be cheeky and submit a level that technically works in two broad gamemodes if you wanted, but don't do that just cus I said you could.

GO GO GO

Entrants
Puffie40 - Music Test Level
Dermo - Losing My Religion
Obi1mcd - Circuit Breaker
n0 - 20x15 (from n0 to n00b)
Djazz - Cruxmas
Spaz18 - Metallic Mayhem

Last edited by n00b; Sep 22, 2010 at 07:03 PM. Reason: added entries, updated deadline