PurpleJazz is OFF DA CHARTPurpleJazz is OFF DA CHARTPurpleJazz is OFF DA CHART

Jan 17, 2017, 04:24 AM
...and the results are in!

Best Battle Level of 2016

Forest Swamp - FireSworD (4)
Zes - DarkSonic (3)
Twin Stalactites - FireSworD (1.5)
Trademark II - Snooze (1.5)

It was a hard-fought award, and in my opinion there were many potential candidates for first place. However, FireSworD has once again demonstrated that despite being around for over a decade and a half, he still has that special something which allows him to create memorable uploads - even taking a double podium finish this time. Forest Swamp is certainly impressive visually and it will make a fantastic addition to your Battle levellist.

Best CTF Level of 2016

Scrapyard - PurpleJazz (5.5)
The Astrolabe - Ragnarok (3.5)
Hall of the Mountain King - Superjazz (3)

I did honestly not expect to win this award, but I feel honoured that my level was chosen nonetheless. Props to the runners up, which are both thoroughly enjoyable levels in their own right. All three of the winners are part of the JJnet ladder mappool, so if you ever plan on getting back into competitive play, you should try them all out!

Best SP Release of 2016

A Generic Single Player Level II - Blackraptor (8)
Forest Forgotten - Spaztic (2.5)
Ürdüng Chronicles - FarkasUrdung (0.5)

A clear winner here. If you haven't played Blacky's Single Player behemoth yet, now would be the time to do so. Forest Forgotten takes a well-deserved second place and is also worth your time on a rainy day.

Best JCSer of 2016

Loon (3)
Blackraptor (2)
FireSworD (2)
FarkasUrdung (1)
Sir Ementaler (1)

This was another hotly contested accolade, and while perhaps there may have not been one clear stand out JCSer this year, Loon just pips ahead of the pack and takes the gold medal. Many congratulations to him, and to the runners up as well!

Overall, while 2016 was a relatively quiet year in the JCS scene, I remain optimistic about what may come in 2017. No doubt it will be interesting to explore the direction modern level design will go in the fifth year of AngelScript. I can say that was a pleasure to see such a comeback in the Single Player scene, and hopefully that's something that will continue to thrive into the future. Thanks to everyone for all of their hard work for keeping the JCS scene alive for nearly twenty years!

Last edited by PurpleJazz; Jan 17, 2017 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Minor corrections to voting tallies