View Single Post
Alchemek

JCF Member

Alchemek has disabled reputation

Jun 4, 2022, 09:48 AM
"jjk" cheat code / command breaks gameplay

Hello,

I have a tendency to remap controls on every game I play, so Jazz 2 is no exception. I have long been a fan of Jazz 2, but apparently when I was younger and played the game, I never remapped the keys (who knows why). So I'm only now discovering this major inconvenience: If you type "jjk" while you are playing, it causes you to die instantaneously and lose one life. Totally unplayable if you remap your keys to j and k to move your character. I wouldn't have to use j and k if other selections were available, but they are not: a lot of keys map as "unknown", so I don't have those as options.

Let me be a little more specific: if I am playing the game, and I have j mapped to left and k mapped to down, and I happen to press left twice and down once, I instantly die and lose one life. Jazz 2 is unplayable when I have a mapped key scheme like this, but this is one of the more convenient ones to map: mapping more to the left puts my hands too close together; mapping more to the right is uncomfortable or not possible.

Is there a way to fix this problem in particular? Or disable all cheat codes? Or add more keys to map? Or something?

I am running JJ2+ and 1.25 via GOG.

Thank you!