View Single Post

JCF Member

White Rabbit is doing well so far

Nov 16, 2004, 10:37 AM
Pff... I bet that Jazz from JJ1 or JJ2 can kick GBA Jazz's butt. GBA Jazz is slowed down by his pants (that's why he can't run), he is also slowed down when using heavier weapons and due to the limited resolution of the GBA the original Jazz can see GBA Jazz first and shoot at him from a distance (except perhaps JJ1 Jazz because he can only see in 320x200 ).

GBA Jazz2 should use Agama's tilesets . If they're gonna rip Epic's tilesets then they could just rip Agama's, except that Agama has copyright on all of her stuff... Maybe they could pay her to make tilesets, hehe. If not, then draw completely new and GOOD tilesets. Don't just borrow stuff and don't turn the game into a Star Wars rip-off. There should also be a REAL story, with ALL, and more, of the original characters. There should also be bonus lvls, or a different storyline where you get to play as turtles. AND NOOOOO DAAAAARN CHAMELEONS OR OVER-GROWN OBESE DINOSAURS!!!!!! I WANT TURTLES!!!!!!!!!!

There should be ambient lightning, real weather effects and some 3D graphics in a 2D environment. Maybe the game should be on Nokia's n-gage because n-gage supports 3D-ish graphics. I don't know whether n-gage is good or not, however.

There must, there absolutely must be bigger lvls and more variety in them as well as more special moves and weapons (if Eva is available, you should be able to temporarily blind enemies using her giant diamond ring! ). There should also be more fun multiplayer modes and the characters should be able to run (but if the rabbits can run, then the enemies must be able to run too, or the whole thing will be too easy, like Epic's JJ2 singleplayer lvls).

The creators of the original GBA Jazz has obvsiouly neglected the real Jazz fans (us) and gone for the younger audience, possibly to make money since there really aren't many die-hard Jazz fans outside J2o's and the JCF's sphere of protection. They didn't bother to put in all those good ideas that Jazz fans came up with, both singleplayer and multiplayer ideas. They could've asked us for feedback because we know what we want in a good Jazz Jackrabbit game while they're just out to make money. I'm sure most of us will be willing to allow game creators to use our lvl ideas in their lvls, right?

Lastly, there should be more speech, more intelligent puzzles and more interaction between the player and NPCs. Way more. I wouldn't go as far as turn the game into an RPG but a platform game/adventure game with RPG elements would be pretty nice.

I've run out of ideas, but if all of the ideas above are used then GBA Jazz2 would definitely be awesome!!!!!