View Single Post

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

May 13, 2018, 03:24 AM
I have plenty of good memories of Jazz and the community. My earliest memory is as a 5 year old, seeing my dad try and play Jazz1 shareware on his PC leaving me in awe, asking desperately if I can play too. The next day was my first experience with Jazz and PC gaming in general, even though I couldn’t get past halfway of Diamondus 1, lol.

When Jazz2 came out I obviously wanted to have it! Again, I had to play it on my dad’s PC as my own oldie couldn’t run it. I remember feeling dazzled by the fact that ‘everything was so small on the screen’ and even got a little put off by that for a while! My bro finished the game before me, as I too struggled getting past Bolly and the Jungle levels. As for multiplayer, I did enjoy some splitscreen co-op games with my bro and an occasional race & CTF, but due to dial-up prices and restrictions we couldn’t go online more than a few short moments to try it.

My real early online experience came around 2003 when we got our first always-on ADSL connection and my dad bought me a 2nd hand PC upgrade. While I was a terrible noob, I did enjoy the social experience trying to communicate with bad English on J2O, meeting others, making friends. Joining The Server and other such random games. The 2005 Bash.. But I guess about everyone’s first online experience as a noob was magical!

And lastly, amazing work on that sculpture Anne! Wow!