View Single Post
Ragnarok!

JCF Member

Ragnarok! is a forum legendRagnarok! is a forum legend

Feb 29, 2008, 06:18 AM
Undulation

Undulation

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Looks like you finally made another CTF Rag.
It actually might not look like it, but I am implying it right?

Hmm… Seems familiar…
Well, I admit, I’ve used this tile-set about 5 times now in levels. This probably has a VERY different feel to any other level in this set though (other than my race), as it uses the set very differently.

Great Stuff!
Ooh I found a power-up! I wonder what’s with that hole in front of me, it looks evil.

Whoa! That looks dangerous...
It might not actually feel as deadly as it actually is, as you might be able to walk across it, but who’s to say someone isn’t going to freeze you? Well, if they do, you’ll just become yet another victim of the deadly traps set out in this level.

OWNED
If you fall, I've provided visual help (provided you can read) to know when you have been "OWNED." Well, looks like I’m a victim myself… I’ll take this moment to point out the background looks purple; more red than blue too. You might not see it fully in this small image, but I’ll add that it makes a wonderful landscape. (++bias)

Ooh, carrot!
But if this is CTF, I’d want a Full NRG not a +1… Well, that’s too bad. This level has no Full NRG, just 4 carrots placed around the level. It’s not that bad though, you can probably run from each one to the next quite easily.

Hmm, toaster…
Well, I’ll take this moment to add that this level has six power-ups. It’s up to you to find their location and find out how to get them safely. By that I mean that most of them are located in dangerous places, such as the Toaster power-up shown in the image is unfortunately above a pit. Also, you might notice that I’m using an Electro Blaster in the picture. They are quite hard to obtain in this level, unless you go exploring or maybe just some good thinking… Doing so will probably lead you to some unexpected secrets which might just give you the edge you need to beat those other players.

Perfect!
Aha, I know this is almost everyone’s favorite power-up, and I’m about to take it. But it feels like I’m being blown into something; probably that tube… If you’re in this situation, you’d probably do best to get back; the arrows are there for a reason, to keep you safe. Here, in my level, I take the general welfare of my players very seriously.

What about the CTF bases? I thought this was a CTF…
Well it is, and I won’t reveal too much, but you’re going to have to find an area that looks like this. The window is a warp, thus the arrows around it emphasizing that you must touch it. There is another one of these in the level, and for your information (that’s very stupid to say because this whole thing is for your information) it is quite hard to camp.

What? What’s Chaos Mode?

All I will say, are things are about to get a little more interesting... I’ve said too much. You’ll see soon enough.

I apologize for taking up so much space.

Last edited by Ragnarok!; Feb 29, 2008 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Fun