View Single Post

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Sep 8, 2010, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b View Post
Its a fun little feature, but its not like its a super serious thing. I don't think any less of someone with a low rep than I do someone with a high rep. Also its not like we can see why their reps are high/low. Like Kaz had a rep of 3 at one point and I have no idea why. I don't know why Cooba, Violet, and Stijn are rocking substantially higher rep counts than everyone else who are in this 0-40 range.
As for me, I got like half of it for my post where I announced reputations where enabled.

Anyway, I mostly agree - it's just a number, and nothing depends on it (except your ability to give reputation - you can only do so when yours is 10 or higher). Don't take it too seriously, see it as a little gimmick.

Moderating would be giving it way more weight than it actually carries, in addition to introducing a new task for the forum staff (and I personally don't feel like checking all ratings, really) - and yeah, more rules often equal less fun.