View Single Post
Trafton

JCF Member

Trafton is an asset to this forum

May 10, 2003, 10:58 AM
A Rant Regarding TSF

First off, I would like to say that I am a 1.23 player, and have been one my entire playing career. I do have TSF, but rarely play it, mostly because I have trouble understanding what most people are saying and sort of stereotyped the entire version (quite incorrectly) as been full of players who are untalented and speak not a lick of English.

I have found, after playing some, that this is a foolhardy thing to think.

While TSF may indeed have players that speak in different languages, that is not a bad thing. After all, if Jazz 2 was primarily a Dutch community and we did not speak very much Dutch, I am sure most of us would go to a version in which English was just as common as Dutch.

As for the thing about players being untalented: it is not true in some cases. Sure, many of the players are new. That is because TSF is more common than 1.23, and is sold mostly in the Netherlands and Poland. Not a big deal, really. But there are a lot of very good players there. Plus, there are more players on TSF in the morning than 1.23 in the afternoon. Sure, there are fewer quality custom levels, but that is mostly because the players sort of distance themselves from the community because some of them are not as fluent in English as others.

There is nothing wrong with any of this, I have discovered. I still prefer 1.23, but stereotyping qualities of a few to an entire version is wrong. Give TSF a chance. Some on it may speak less English, but that does not mean the version is any worse.

</rant>