View Single Post

JCF Member

[GpW]Urbs is an asset to this forum

Nov 15, 2010, 02:56 AM
I like the map pool personally (other than that wretched semi!), however I can see how there will always be good levels which are left out.

For jj2wc2 there was totally new batch of levels made, if I'm not mistaken, but it's a bit too late for a level competition right now.
Evilmike's new level comes to mind for a possible addition, since everybody would have to learn it...

Thing is, seeing as how jj2wc is 2 weeks away, we don't have all the time in the world to decide.
DW and Semi represent the ladder map pool, NA and Zaitox the old jj2wc map pools and Marsh represents an old legendary level pretty neat for 3v3's.
I can see marsh going, as for the rest (even the wretched semi) I think they have proven as successful levels in the previous seasons and in other competitions. NA might be relatively new to a lot of players, but that's also the whole point, to play some levels other than the ones being (over)played today.
JJ2wc2 levelmaking competition was great in the respect that it facilitated the creation of new quality ctf levels, some of which are popular to this day.
Have to say though, have bad memories concerning the 2nd season,as we didn't train in the new levels at all which meant we got our asses kicked by clans who trained for a month at least (correct me if I'm wrong, not sure about the exact length).

Gamer Pryde Worldwide