View Single Post

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Nov 15, 2010, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [GpW]Urbs View Post
if superconductor would be dropped (you don't mention at the end Gry) then evilmikeys new level could be fun.
I forgot super completely. Super is a very original fast-paced level and should definitely stay. It's not very campy in my experience, which is nice. And the difficult movement is a sure bonus

Quote:
Stop sticking your nose in my ass. I don't know what turns you on about following me on these forums and having pessimistic comments about it all but its going nowhere.
It's nothing personal, you just have a bunch of bad opinions that I feel the need to respond too. Don't flatter yourself, I use the "New Posts" function and read everything related to online play Your first sentence doesn't seem too idiomatic, but that's fine ofcourse

Quote:
MS has been chosen bij the majority of everyone that voted, perhaps there are more reasons than because it is my favourite level. Yeah, you find almost every map campy, still your opinion about those levels and about how bad camping is shouldn't decide anything. If the majority has another opinion than you, you will just have to accept that.
* 6/14 is not a majority by any definition
* we have no idea who voted for what, if they will play in the tourney and if they represent all clans
* the mappool will not be composed solely based on the popularity of the levels, but also based on criteria (which is something rep+stl should think about and tell us what kind of levels they are looking for)

In my opinion levels should be fast-paced and not very campy (it should be possible to camp a bit, but not sbv2-style where ppl have to try 10 times before they manage to kill the flag off if he stays rts). A level should also not be too open (=airs if there are a lot of seekers in the level (certain areas in JE)) nor too crowded (impossible/very hard to dodge anything (base areas on MS is a good example)).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robee
awesome opinions and lol signature based on a nubclan cw screenshot

What I mean is that if the organizers want a campy level or two in the mappool, I consider zaitox, NA or GW better choices than sbv2 and MS because the bases are somewhat easier to approach. A "camp-free" mappool isn't a bad idea either, though.