View Single Post

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Aug 19, 2006, 06:23 AM
What would you like to see in a brand new JJ2 level editor?

In no particular order:
  • Ability to use 511 characters long text strings instead of 127
  • A counter showing how many more characters may be used in a text string
  • An easier way to browse through the text strings
  • Displaying the text string contents in a box rather than a long line
  • Ability to have a level start with lighting higher than 100 (I've seen this in some hacked levels)
  • Replacing the animation FPS/level lightning bars with textboxes (not a big deal but can get annoying)
  • A counter displaying how many animations can be stored in a level
  • Convertion to 2.02 (1.23) level compression from 2.00 (1.10o), 2.01 (1.20), and 2.03 (TSF)
  • Easier and clearer tileset compression (displaying the exact error once one happens for example)
  • Less cumbersome event listing
  • A windows (or Mac if someone would port the editor?) color picker for the 16-bit Textured Background color fade
  • Removal of all the useless and redundant functions from JCS (like Bonus Level field)
  • A more advanced Multiplayer Level option, able to choose Battle, CTF, Treasure as possible options
  • Searching for desired events with desired properties in a level?
  • An option to export the level to BMP or some else format a'la VCR?
  • random level generator
  • An ability to have multiple levels opened at once in different "frames", for the lack of better word
  • Browse buttons for Next Level, Secret Level and Music fields instead of annoying textboxes
  • Ability to go to the Next/Secret level without having to using the open function
  • Some function which disables choosing music files bigger than 2MB (and 1.5MB for multiplayer?)

That's all I could think of, and I may come up with more. If you have anything to say, keep in mind that this is for plausible stuff, not "adding more layer's to jcs". And no replies like "oh my lanmeisters this wil never get done, ahahahahha newb" unless you want to look stupid.

Last edited by cooba; Aug 19, 2006 at 06:56 AM.