View Single Post
FireSworD

JCF Member

FireSworD is an asset to this forumFireSworD is an asset to this forum

Mar 5, 2017, 09:59 PM
The Flaming Pants are Cool Contest!

The contest name is a reference to the saying "Liar Liar Pants On Fire" and the paradox of how flaming pants aren't cool temperature-wise, but they can be "cool" in another way.

This contest is about making past jj2 hoax screens into playable jj2 levels, presumably by the "magic" of AngelScript, JJ2+ etc.

Rules:
  • Must be Jazz Jackrabbit 2 related. The level's version may be JJ2(+) or TSF(+), but no OEM or other obscure versions.
  • Must be a level of any game-type. They will be judged according to how they suit their purpose.
  • You must be the author of the level, and work from outside sources, with the exception of content on the allowed screenshots, will not be acknowledged. Collaborations for the level are not allowed, as only one person will receive credit. The level's tile-set, music, script etc can all be from outside sources.
  • Only one level per author will be accepted.
  • The level must include concepts that are shown on the hoax screens, and players, relativistic settings etc don't count. You may use these screens, these screens or this screen, but other hoax screens need to be discussed with me for their acceptance in the contest.
  • This is the sacred "I can do anything rule", and this contest is about "All things are possible!".
  • Entries can be sent directly to me by any conventional means or uploaded to j2o or other trusted sites.

Prize: If I get sufficient entries, I will reveal the prize at the end of the deadline. This contest is harder and more abstract than others, so the prize is likely to be relatively big!

Deadline: Extension only by popular demand.

Last edited by FireSworD; Oct 28, 2017 at 04:13 AM.