View Single Post
Nimrod

JCF Member

Nimrod has disabled reputation

Aug 30, 2005, 07:58 AM
There has been reports they he has been appearing in limited servers, the first sighting of him was in a JDC Event.

Almost every sighting has seen him crash a server. Although I've only heard of 2 sightings, I suspect they will be more. It is still unknown if hes using a proxy to bypass or if hes friends are telling him the IP's for servers.

So it appears all the list ban is doing is slowing him down, and making it far more difficult for him to attack, but not impossible.

I shall again repeat what I said in the end of poll post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod
We highly recommend clients also block him during this, as he may find a way to bypass a list ban, sadly the Network Filter doesnt stop all forms of attack with ASD. Its in your best interest to block him on your Firewall or Router.

His current known IP is: 24.114.132.155

If you are unable to block him with your Firewall or Router I recommend you download a software IP blocker known as "PeerGuardian". I have packaged it up in a ready to go format, it can be downloaded from:
http://nimmy-online.com/jj2networkfilter/peer.zip
Just unzip all the files into one location and run the exe. The program will be in the trayicon when its active. While it is running Orbitz wont be able to access any resources on your PC.

We cannot guarantee Orbitz's complete removal or absense from all JJ2 game servers, therefore blocking him your end is as vital.
I have asked many J2O staff if they could make that news once it was posted, but they have shown little interest. Therefore promoting PeerGuardian can only be done by word of mouth, JCF and the MOTD feature.

If you dont run PeerGuardian and get attacked, please dont bother me or any of the other list admins. We have tried to slow him down, and we have now made one sure way to stop him. If you want to be protected, run the protection, Simple.