View Single Post

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Apr 2, 2011, 05:28 AM
Well, people are going to hate me for this comment...

I remember back when I considered being a levelmaker, I just wanted to make levels that were good for Jazz/Lori and ignore spaz. But really, if you do that, people will whine, it won't encourage them to use different characters, because that's what they're used to. Players want to play with something they're used to, or some character they consider "better". So, why do I think it's more fun making a level character balanced, or at least making it functionable for other charas. Just imagine in fighting games, telling everyone to use the same character against another because people say he's the best. It wouldn't be as fun. That case probably happens though, but I don't like it. Okay I know they're two both completely different catagories, but for short, I enjoy diversity. Not for simply for the sake of being different, but I being aware of other advantages at, not the same stuff all the time. Should I make a Jazz biased level and tell them it's their fault for not choosing him at the start because they weren't used to using him and some problem they created themselves? No, I would be called an idiot. That to be said I did make some Jazz biased level before, but most still used Spaz. Yes I'm pretty aware about some disadvantages I get and all that stuff, but must I really change main character just because "everyone" else is?