View Single Post

JCF Member

PurpleJazz is OFF DA CHARTPurpleJazz is OFF DA CHARTPurpleJazz is OFF DA CHART

Apr 29, 2011, 09:45 PM
Tricks around the carrot area do indeed contribute to making successful camping more difficult. In many of the popular dueling levels, despite preferring multiple carrots I haven't really found having just one carrot because it was still difficult for the opponent to completely freeze off all access to the carrot when I needed it.

There are of course a few exceptions, such as the box in DW. There is very little you can do about camping there, aside from hitting a camper with EB but even then they can still just get the carrot themselves, and escape with 3h which still means they're playing in the advantage, and they'll probably just hit with with their own EB and kill you anyway.

There is a somewhat situational tactic of shooting the carrot down to the lower right corner and burying it with Toaster, allowing you to get it from below, but that's only assuming you've already gone to the carrot and done this already before your opponent can hit you.

This is why I hate DW with a passion in duels. However, I don't mind the box at all in teamplay because blocking off the enemy team from the carrot is a much more legitimately viable strategy that isn't really considered "lame" or anything.