View Single Post

JCF Member

Sean is a forum legendSean is a forum legend

May 22, 2011, 11:18 PM
Forget about carrots for a second and think about the bases. I don't have much of an interest in creating battle levels because in those levels it's about running around randomly shooting in the hopes of killing anyone you see while in CTF levels the movement is actually centered around bases and carrots and not dying as opposed to getting the most kills. You have to consider the position of your bases carefully and situate it in a simultaneously campable and attackable position. You have to make it hard for people to capture the flag in team games but also provide many different methods to capture. In Distopia my preferred method of capturing the red flag is coming from the middle and raining bouncers onto the base, but red can counter this maneuver by spamming bouncers from the top of the sucker tube at the right of the base. Similarly if blue approaches from underneath, red can camp with seekers at the tubes below. If blue chooses to drop from above, seekers shot randomly everywhere will be guaranteed to hit blue. At the bases, it's about providing several options for defense and several counter-attacks for capturing.