View Single Post
Ragnarok!

JCF Member

Ragnarok! is a forum legendRagnarok! is a forum legend

Nov 29, 2011, 07:27 AM
Bouncers vs. Powered-up Bouncers

Recently I've been going over this one in my head, obviously the bouncer PU itself is probably the better option since it does 2 damage instead of 1. What I do wonder though, is does anyone prefer the way the original bouncer ammo bounces off walls and stuff, or do they prefer the powered up one?

I'm aware the powered up one is more versatile in terms of going through walls of 3.5 tiles and down steeper slopes; so better for defensive use too, and if I recall correctly moves faster too.

However the non-powered up one bounces off walls and bounces back in the opposite direction rather than going back at the wall it bounced off with some weird recoil. If I recall correctly, non-powered up bouncers can just about go through 2 tiles of mask (or maybe just a bit less).

I notice in levels like AYB and Frontier Falls, while they'd benefit or not benefit and they might also drastically change the level. However I've always noticed gameplay in levels without the two best powerups (Seeker and Bouncer imo), turn out to be easier to survive in and more fun - generally less chaotic, hence Frontier Falls being such a success...

So anyway, bouncer PU is used in most levels that are made, but minus the extra damage, does anyone prefer the mechanic of how the non-powered up bouncer bounces, or prefer the powered up ones?