View Single Post

JCF Member

Sean is a forum legendSean is a forum legend

Nov 29, 2011, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
So anyway, bouncer PU is used in most levels that are made, but minus the extra damage, does anyone prefer the mechanic of how the non-powered up bouncer bounces, or prefer the powered up ones?
Go thread revival!

As always, level design determines the best weapon assortment, and personally I think the different physics of both the powered up and the non powered versions are useful in different ways. Powered bouncers are more useful for tactical uses, but the non-powered ones are more for trick shots - and here I emphasize the trick part. It's easier to defend a base with the non-powered bouncer on some maps because the bouncing is reliable and you can count on it to consistently cover a section of the map. Back and forth. Back and forth. The one real definite use of the powered's recoil, though, is to shoot through that layer 3 passage nearby the carrot in Semi. I've hurt many people because of the powered bouncer's physics that way. Otherwise I tend to use the powered bouncer for its ability to go through more tiles. Have you tried shooting powered bouncers through the floor in the seeker ammo area near the carrot? Pretty damn useful.