View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Nov 19, 2002, 04:16 PM
I'll put it in normal people language:

There's two kinds of music files. One has short little sounds that are set to play at certain times, like one note on a trumpet. This one note can be modified to be high or low, making the files very small. The other kind of file is just one solid "lump" of sound, making it very large. These are mainly used for voices and sound effects. It is possible to convert a Mp3 or a Wav to a S3m or something, but the entire piece of music is stored as one note on an insturment (a REALLY big note). JJ2 can't run files that big. There are some programs that attemp to break Mp3s and Wavs into seperate insturments for Mid files, but they don't always work (but it's very funny making them translate voice).
There may be a way to make JJ2 play Mp3s, some of you programmers may want to look into this. RPGM2k has a mp3 patch that "tricks" it into playing Mp3s. The file is stored as "Filename.link.wav", and contains two lines of code:

..\mp3\Filename.mp3
Loop

This (probably won't) be helpful, but it's an interesting concept.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.