View Single Post

JCF Member

djazz is OFF DA CHARTdjazz is OFF DA CHARTdjazz is OFF DA CHART

Oct 16, 2012, 01:19 PM
SGIP - Simple ServerList GIP

As many of you know, I have created the SGIP so players with ease can directly see who is in what servers.

Have a look at it here:
http://djazz.mine.nu/apps/sgip/

Note that the SGIP on jazzjackrabbit.net is old and outdated, use this new one instead.

This thread is where you can discuss SGIP, come with feature suggestions, etc..

Today, I have upgraded the SGIP, in a maybe strange way. Now does it not only query the servers to get information about players, it also puts a (silent) bot in every online server, that anyone could join (with the exception of ZD/CD servers). Some hosts/admins may not like it, so I will make a blacklist so you can make the bot ignore your IP/port, and the SGIP falls back to normal queries. You can use Banlist.lst (I think) to ban usernames. The bot uses the name [sgip].
The bot does not read or store chat, movement, or any other privacy data. All it does is that it transmits who is spectating, game started/pregame/overtime/stopped state, pings of players, points/roasts and deaths of players. But there is more to come, like blue/red team score, more plus settings.

I can't release the code (I think), as it's using stuff I've gathered from the JJ2+ code.
Finally i figured out how to talk to the latest plus version (from 2010), so i can get even more stuff from the servers. Also, the bot only works on servers with the latest plus version.

Enjoy!
Level Packer v2 - With a GUI!
PHP Tileset Compiler

Last edited by djazz; Oct 16, 2012 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Banlist.lst note