View Single Post

JCF Member

DennisKainz is notorious for his worthless posts

Jan 31, 2019, 12:24 PM
I was going to upload a small mutator that allows players to grab ledges and lift themselves on them (as in Earthworm Jim and Commander Keen). However, there are a few problems...
Here's the script:
Code:
array hang = {0, 0, 0, 0};
array hangLeft = {false, false, false, false};
array hangRight = {false, false, false, false};

void onMain() {
	for (uint i = 0; i < 3; i++) {
		jjPLAYER@ player = jjLocalPlayers[i];
		if (player.isLocal) {
			if (player.ySpeed > 0 && hangLeft[i] == false && hangRight[i] == false)
				{
				if (!jjMaskedPixel(player.xPos - 16, player.yPos - 16) && jjMaskedVLine(player.xPos - 16, player.yPos - 14, 8) && player.direction < 0)
					{
					hang[i] = 1;
					hangLeft[i] = true;
					}
				if (!jjMaskedPixel(player.xPos + 16, player.yPos - 16) && jjMaskedVLine(player.xPos + 16, player.yPos - 14, 8) && player.direction > 0)
					{
					hang[i] = 1;
					hangRight[i] = true;
					}
				}
			if (hang[i] > 0)
				{
				player.invisibility = true;
				hang[i] = hang[i] + 1;
				if (hangLeft[i] == true)
					{
					player.xPos = player.xPos - 0.875;
					jjDrawSprite(player.xPos, player.yPos, ANIM::JAZZ, 20, 0 + (hang[i] / 3), -1, SPRITE::NORMAL, 0);
					}
				if (hangRight[i] == true)
					{
					player.xPos = player.xPos + 0.875;
					jjDrawSprite(player.xPos, player.yPos, ANIM::JAZZ, 20, 0 + (hang[i] / 3), 1, SPRITE::NORMAL, 0);
					}
				player.yPos = player.yPos - 1;
				player.xSpeed = 0;
				player.ySpeed = 0;
				}
			if (hang[i] > 30 && !jjMaskedPixel(player.xPos, player.yPos + 22))
				{
				player.invisibility = false;
				hang[i] = 0;
				hangLeft[i] = false;
				hangRight[i] = false;
				}
			}
		}
	}
For now, I only made it for Jazz.
I can't find a way to determine the animation of the player itself, so I had to make the player invisible and draw the sprite in front of him instead. This gives the player the default skin color while he's hanging, which is wrong. I need a way to determine the player's current animation, rather than drawing upon him.
Oh, right! There also is this problem with the RABBIT::Anim where I simply can't find the one corresponding to Jazz grabbing the ledge. I had to use the numeral value, which probably differs between 1.23 and 1.24.

Last edited by DennisKainz; Jan 31, 2019 at 01:31 PM. Reason: I found the way to use arrays for splitscreeners.