View Single Post

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Oct 24, 2010, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaz View Post
This.

Just a few days ago, I began using TSF as my main JJ2 version only because I was more or less forced into it. Apperantly, the whole online community has 'switched' to TSF since 1.23+ has been made narrowly compatible with it. I do like how Blur fixed Lori's fur colors, but she's still the ugly duck if it comes to gameplay (broken character, in other words). However, if the TSF engine is superior to the 1.23 one, I won't have a problem in using TSF more often. Guess there are very few left now sticking with good old 1.23..
Hmm. I think back then 1.23 was used more often since the community was split and was easier to get, and it seemed to have the more well known people as well as American players, etc. Then when plus came out, it was only compatible with 1.23. And I suppose once it was compatible with 1.24, people had switched to TSF plus for it's extra features (for those who had it).

Then once after that BigRes thing came out, even more then started using 1.24. But I actually started using it because (oh boy I'm going to be so fish slapped for this, but I don't care anymore) because I found Lori fun to use. And I don't get those annoying "Error downloading file" things from TSF level multiversion servers anymore. No more limitations. To be honest, the engine feels the same to me as it has always been (with the exception of Lori, that is). Hey, don't forget the copter bugfix. That makes her less broken.

There's lots of tricks with the kick too (okay technically most of them are bugs, but most are actually useful), one I recently found out that if you kick certain enemies like a floating sucker (or even a boss, only offline sp tho) from just about as further as you can kick away from it, you'll get a burst of huge speed, and if you hold on the jump button as soon as you do that, you'll jump really high. (even higher than golden Spaz jump with enough open space at the end). I made an experimental level for it (although the enemy doesn't want to spawn online unless you're the host), if you guys are really interested I can upload it on J2O.

As for the SP levels compared to 1.23 and TSF, I don't care about those, they're all too easy for me, even an average player can beat them easily on hard with ease, knowing the magic run button. And space button mashing. There are much better custom SP levels out there anyway. And MP is much more fun anyway. I feel sorry for those who can't play online (no really, no sarcasm here).

Oops sorry...-insert already requested plus suggestions here-