Thread: Another find
View Single Post
P4R4D0X

JCF Member

P4R4D0X has disabled reputation

Sep 23, 2018, 01:23 PM
I was able to run it in DOSBox. I was experimenting will all sorts of settings in the config file. I got it right and I can play the game after selecting the episode. The loading screen won't hang and it will dump you in the level so you can play it. The only downside is that you cannot hear any music while you are in a level. If you rename the intro animation and music to something else you can get the music working in the menu and you can hear the sound effects as well.

Another thing you have to deal with is the slowness until you are in a level because you have to mess with the cycles. Menu will be slow and the loading screen as well. But once the level loaded you can raise the cycles and make it faster.

And here's the magical numbers you need. You need to use fixed cycles. What worked for me is 10000. Once you in game you in a level just raise the cycles until the game runs at full speed. You can now enjoy the game with no sound. Once you finish the level it will go to the next one without any issues. But if you go back to the main menu and you pick another episode and try to play that you will run into the frozen state again.

If you can fix the sound and the loading thing let me know because I am interested. No screenshots because I am not sure if Bryan allows that.