View Single Post

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Sep 20, 2020, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM
I continue to favor editing levels to work properly in 1.3, rather than pursuing some older version of the game with its own issues. I don't think the one area in Orbitus 2 needs to play as close as humanly possible to the original intent—it's one area.
It is still a level in the main campaign, though.

My view is: If it's possible to restore all 9 original episodes to how they're supposed to work, we should do that. That's impossible in 1.3, but it may be possible in good-1.2, assuming there aren't any bugs that we're not aware of.

But, if we have to compromise somewhere, sure, having some kind of workaround in Orbitus is better than having the flowers in Jungrock break or something, so going for 1.3 with fixes is fine. However, it doesn't look like good-1.2 has anything badly broken enough that we can't fix it.

I guess it all depends on what exactly is broken in good-1.2. If it's all stuff we can fix, then it seems to me that it's a no-brainer that we use a fixed good-1.2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon
Ship 1.0, good-1.2, and unmodified 1.3 as goodies.
Personally, if the main version is a fixed version of 1.3, I would advocate for ignoring unmodified 1.3, but including a good-1.2 that's been modified to fix its level bugs (the broken ditches, springs, and such) as a goodie, but keeps all the variant levels (the more difficult versions of various levels in episodes A-C, the longer Tubelectric, etc.).
Overall, this would mean an ideal copy of every version of Jazz 1 is available to players; people can play a version of Jazz 1 that has a fully beatable campaign, but has the extended Tubelectric 2 and the earlier, harder versions of episodes A-C (a fixed good-1.2), they can play the ideal-for-speedrunning 1.0, but the main version of the game is our fixed 1.3.

The unmodified, broken versions of good-1.2 and 1.3 would ideally become nothing more than a historical curiosity, and IMO not all that worth including.

Just my view.

Last edited by Love & Thunder; Sep 20, 2020 at 08:17 AM.