View Single Post

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

May 23, 2014, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi1mcd View Post
Ah, that's very interesting to see! It's a bit hard to tell from a cursory glance, but what sort of essential tiles are missing?
You're better off asking PJ, since those who attempt to use tilesets properly have a good idea of what's missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleGJ View Post
this set's style is quite unique... it'd be hard to add anything to it and not make it stand out horribly. curiously, this set happens to look almost exactly as the one I'd love to do but don't have the pixel-art skill to do it, just needs some variety... with little extra stuff, it could easily become a whole whooping castle, not just its dungeon, especially since we have a whole bunch of perfectly good dungeon sets already, with the official jazz2 castle set in front. but that's probably a topic for a different thread. maybe even a LMAT...
Aww, well when I started out at pixel art I wasn't spectacular. I learned a lot by zooming in on really detailed tilesets (8-bit method ones most of the time). Eventually you start to learn how colours and textures come together. It's also about experimenting with handmade textures. I'm getting close to reaching this quality. I just suck at perspective and mechanical objects. I'm sure you would have improved from your old sets by now.

I'm going to make a lot of tips on drawing tilesets with the 8-bit method some day, I just need more practice in some weak areas and would like my own webspace to host it first. I guess you could call it a tutorial as well.

Though, if you ever attempt to make another tileset sometime, I could try to help.

Yes, I'm ambitious. The idea of having small goals isn't thrilling enough for me.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ

Last edited by Treylina; May 23, 2014 at 12:36 PM.