View Single Post

JCF Member

Jerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legend

Aug 21, 2010, 01:45 PM
I wouldn't even get interested in this program at all, as it (if I understand its description correctly) only provides me with a seemingly random string of letters and numbers (something I myself don't find very attractive). Something it (luckily) doesn't do, is to find a word that matches the hash. The probability of finding the exact password the creator used would be much larger then, which could lead to breaking into J2O/JCF or other accounts sharing the same password.

But I think we all agree that the J2L passwording mechanism is a failure, now that we know exactly how it works. So I don't think it's such a big deal to upload this program, as we have found other easy ways to break into passworded levels. The only thing it adds is a bunch of uninteresting codes.

Though still, there is a reason people decide to lock up their levels. And if we ever get to actually release a 'JCS+' addon/replacement for JCS, I think it would be worth to investigate the possibilities of encrypting J2L files altogether (or at least password them more securely). Level creators opting for this 'secure saving format' will pay for the fact that an unpatched Jazz2 can't play those levels, though. But at least it would provide level creators with a way to protect their babies.