View Single Post

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Aug 25, 2010, 03:55 AM
Oh, and the JCF admin list really doesn't say much. When the JMMB closed, pretty much all admins there were also made admins at the JCF, but part of those people have never even used their admin powers (or even visited the JCF much), and all of those have not been active in a very long time.

In practice, the JCF staff now consists of Torkell, FQuist and me, and the active J2O staff is BlurredD, EvilMike, Violet, cooba, FQuist and me. Bobby is occasionally active on both. So apart from Torkell the JCF staff is a subset of the J2O team. Besides, if the JCF is a regarded as a subsection of J2O, it wouldn't necessarily be strange for both to be run by different people; after all, even on J2O there are certain people running certain parts of the site (we've had Download Moderators, for example, and I originally started as a maintainer of the wiki; not to mention those who keep track of the featured downloads). So I don't think comparing the staff listings says all that much; they're outdated, and even if they were different that wouldn't necessarily mean anything.

What does, in my opinion, mean something is that J2O and JCF share most of their active users, that the JCF serves as a forum to discuss stuff happening on J2O, and that J2O references the JCF as a section of the site.