View Single Post
ThunderPX

JCF Member

ThunderPX is doing well so far

Jan 21, 2012, 01:50 PM
I've always liked JJ3. The main problem is that it's, well, unfinished. :P This is a great start to making a more complete game though, at least judging from the list of changes. I'll try it out soon.

EDIT:
Okay, this is pretty awesome. Just the improvements to Jazz's walking animation (i.e. the directions) and the fixed lizards make this really cool. A bug you might be aware of, though, is that if you move in another direction than forward while shooting, and then stop shooting while still moving, Jazz's legs go in the wrong direction for a moment.

Jumping can be a little awkward as you have little control over your direction when jumping from a standstill, which I think was better originally (might be wrong.) This is more realistic, but it feels wrong and make some jumps really difficult. Also, I had trouble jumping out of the lava in the canyon level since it seems to do strange things to Jazz's direction and jumping for some reason.

Now for a personal request: one pet peeve of mine in JJ3 has to do with the music. The game seems to really like messing with the volume whenever it feels like it (including when booting the game and starting a new game), which is annoying because it makes it much too soft. Additionally, the way the music volume lowers when going into the menu is kind of jarring; a fade would be preferable--while if possible, it shouldn't do it at all on the title screen, since you're not actually pausing a running game.
Also, there's a weird thing where the playing song resets while loading a new map.

Now don't get me wrong, this is still an awesome patch. The wall of text above is just my selfish suggestions for more improvements. :P

Last edited by ThunderPX; Jan 21, 2012 at 02:19 PM.