View Single Post

JCF Member

Simon is doing well so far

Nov 10, 2020, 12:17 PM
Yes, your understanding of the current status of 0002 is correct:
* Base is 1.3
* Medivo 1 by you (practically invisible sprite)
* Turtemple 2 and Pezrock 2 from good-1.2 (I did not edit these)
* Orbitus 2 by me (2020-10-18)
* Launcher by you
* 1.0, good-1.2, vanilla 1.3 as goodies; good naming, excellent reasons, thanks!

Known problems that we won't fix in 0002:
* 100%-ability of some levels, e.g., Nippius 2

I'm neutral about adding standalone HH94. There is merit to it, I think the standalone HH94 had unique advertizing and loading screens.

Soundtrack and manual: I could merely offer it in German, that's not useful. I've seen third-party scans of the English comic on the net. Ideal would be a dedicated re-scan from the English source.

From my posted Orbitus 2020-10-18 pictures, I'm getting the hunch that I didn't stay true with the color of the animated bouncy floors, even though I put the exact same event #22. The tileset offers several bouncy floors, all are blue stripes, but different hues/animations. It's minor, no physical difference, but I'll look into it again this weekend, too.

Yes, I'm with you with the scrutiny. Bothering GOG takes time (it would be back-and-forth between experts in different areas), we should make the first offer as complete and error-free as we can. It would even be OK if it took a couple more weeks. (GOG forum already offers MaxStrike's fix for the avid reader, and our thread here offers the loose fixes.)

-- Simon

Last edited by Simon; Nov 10, 2020 at 12:36 PM.